Friday, April 17, 2009

How I increased traffic to my blog -1000th visitor

I know this is not such a high number to get all hyped up about but it is still a something for a start. And I can't say that I didn't do anything to get to this number either. I actually started signing up and reading a lot of material on blog promoting!

Actually what really helped me was a recent post I read at Blogger Tricks, it has all the information you might need to increase traffic to your blog, get more readers, SEO, just info on blogging, etc

In the last couple of days I have signed up for numerous directories, blog forums, network communities and honestly they have been great. I'm actually feeling traffic coming in, slowly but steadily. If before I had 700 visitors in over a year something than now I had over 250 in the last couple of days alone.

I feel that I have finally managed to achieve something with my blog, its not much but I'm still learning. I decided that I will share this little secret (not really) o how I increased my traffic a bit.

First of all here is a great list where you can sign up and have people actually see that you have a blog that you write! Click the pictures or links to go directly to these great sites! :)
  • www.technorati.com - this one has been great. Good traffic and if you have good content then you receive good reviews.

www.stumbleupon.com - this so far proved to be one of the best though, basically it lets readers decide if they like something that they came across the Internet and let other people know that they actually stumbled upon something interesting. So the more hits you have the more ofter you will show up. :)

The next couple of sites are for bloggers, basically here is where you can let people know that you have a blog, add friends, do your networking, etc

Well this is my little list, I'm sure that there are tons more that you can use, but I just managed these many in the last couple of days. I will post some more as I continue blogging and will share the little that I learn on the way! :)
 

About

Alena A Wife, social media junkie, internet marketer and just a young woman with great ambitions.. just need to find the time to realize them! If you have questions on optimizing your blog please do not hesiate please contact me. :)

Site Info

My Bits N Pieces Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie